Friday, June 18, 2010

First Haircut

I was about to tell an embarrassing story about my husband, but I refrained.  Christian has Robert's curly hair, which is adorable.  But I his hair was starting to get in his eyes and I was sick of people asking if he was a girl.  No, he's a boy, that's why he's dressed all in blue, that is why he is not wearing a dress at church.  Honestly.  So it was time for a haircut.  I refrained until after we got back to Utah so the grandparents could see those curly locks in person, and then I waited another week or so so they could show him off to the extended family.  But finally it was time to chop those curls.  Since this was his first haircut ever I wanted to be the one to cut his hair.  Well, that, plus the fact that there is no way he was going to sit still if I took him somewhere.  He also has two pretty decent cowlicks on the back of his head, so if his hair is too short it just sticks straight up.  So I couldn't just use the buzzer.  With Robert's mom's help we kept him in the chair.  Well, I'm no expert, so we ended up with some uneven spots, but I think it blends together okay.  See for yourself.


Before




After

Now, I realize I'm biased.  But isn't he handsome!  My baby is all grown up!  Well, hopefully not yet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh he is VERY handsome! That first haircut is hard! But a necessity for boys- I loved your "honestly." I can totally hear you say that. He is so adorable! Loved the curls, but he is still super cute after.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina- He is so cute! I love the curly hair but I completely understand about the whole asking if the baby is a boy or a girl. I sometimes question peoples logic. Anyway, he is so handsome. Good job on the haircut!

    ReplyDelete