Here are some pictures of our little French birthday celebration.
Opening presents.
Since we don't plan on being in France for too long I figured Christian should get a French style treat for his birthday. Voila! A French pastry. This one is called a religieuse. I figured it was appropriate because French wedding cakes are traditionally huge pyramids of cream puffs. So technically it would work to have a birthday cake that is also a stack of cream puffs, right?
He is obviously quite satisfied with his birthday cake (and quite satisfied with the mess he made of himself). Happy Birthday, Christian!
I can't believe he is already one! It seriously seems like just yesterday that he was a tiny baby! I am so glad you are enjoying the yummy french culture :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteHey cool blog Rob! I hope you don't mind that I (Chelsea) accepted your invitation on behalf of Matt, otherwise he will forget to check but I won't. Just in case you lost it, our blog is rowandowntheriver.blogspot.com. Such a great way to stay in touch. Your family is gorgeous and we're excited for your new adventures in France!
ReplyDeleteHe is so adorable! France seems to be agreeing with you all. Let me know if you ever can meet up when you're out to Utah visiting.
ReplyDelete