Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Our Little Helper

Lately, Christian has been trying to "help" us with things.  He obviously is watching us and wants to do grown up stuff.  Wait, he's only 1, he should not be trying to grow up!

Anyway, he has been "helping" us put on shoes.  It doesn't matter whose shoes, it doesn't matter which foot, it doesn't even matter if we already have shoes on.  But he gets out a shoe and grabs one of our feet and tries to get us to put it in the shoe.  Sometimes he holds the shoe backwards or upsidedown, but he is trying.

He has "helped" Mommy put dirty clothes in the washing machine, which is significant improvement from only taking things out and dumping them on the floor, although he has continued that somewhat.  If I am standing right there, however, he will take things out of the washer and hand them to me. 

My favorite new "helping" thing that he does is sweeping the floor.  With our hardwood floors, one room for the kitchen and family area, and a toddler means there are crumbs and dust and food particles that end up all around the floor.  So I end up sweeping between 3 and 6 times a day.  Apparently, Christian has being paying attention and wants to do his part to keep the place clean.  He loves doing his "sweeping."


He is a great little worker.  We'll see if I can convince him this is fun for much longer.

He's super fun and playful.  Lately, he has loved hiding himself under the pillows and blankets on our bed.  He's so cute.





That's all for now.

3 comments:

  1. He's got such a full head of hair! David's still practically bald except in the back and he's still way more interested in making messes than cleaning them up so I think it's darling that Christian wants to help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute little boy! How do we ever get anything done during the day with our helpers??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- way to get a head start on helping! That is amazing- it sounds like he helps out way more than Josh ever did or does. Jacob is a pretty good helper, but Josh never wants to, unless money is involved. I think I just give up to easy on him and do it myself because I know I can get it done faster. Oh well- he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete