Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Wee-why-woo!

Over Labor Day weekend Robert was taking a much deserved vacation - hiking through awesome slot canyons in Southern Utah with his family.  So my mom and I took Christian to his first college football game.
He got all dressed up in his BYU hat, shirt, and even socks!
So he didn't actually wear the helmet to the game, but he was getting in the spirit!


Surprisingly, he survived through half-time.  Now, that doesn't mean he loved it the whole time.  But he made it.  We were lucky that the seats next to us were open, since he would not have tolerated sitting on someone's lap.  Sometimes the noise was a bit much and he did better when we plugged his ears.  I think I saw, maybe 3 plays while we were there.  But he loved the marching band at half-time and had a great time dancing and clapping to the music.


Of course, now he has been shouting: Wee-Why-Woo! (translation B Y U)  He does it with any mention of football, or even the U of U.  I promise, we didn't coach him on that one.
I guess we've brainwashed him already.  Go Cougars!

3 comments:

  1. He is so cute in his football attire. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wee-Why-Woo! I love it!! I'm happy you got to go to a game- I'm super jealous. I haven't been in years. We faithfully watch them still. We did get a chance to see BYU play Tulsa a few years ago, but they lost. We are thinking of going to the TCU game, but are afraid it will just be another slaughter- oh well. We need to get him some cute cougar paws so he can be like his mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute!!! I still have my cougar paws! And you know what else is cool? The high school here in town puts a Y on the hill and lights it up for football games (Yucaipa High football games that is). I love it. My kids need some BYU paraphernalia. (Mariah only has a USC cheer leading outfit... boo!) And someday we'll go to a BYU game too. Go Wee-Why-Woo! ;)

    ReplyDelete