His birthday is at the beginning of December, he got presents then. Then there were people who missed the birthday party who gave him a present later that week. Then the next weekend my sister came to visit and get got another present. Soon after was Christmas. Christian probably thinks that people celebrate his birthday for a whole month!
Christian got presents from 4 grandparents, 3 great-grandparents, 3 aunts, 5 uncles (really just 4, since his Uncle Glade is on an LDS mission), and even a cousin. That isn't including his parents! I'll be honest, I don't even know where to keep all of his new toys!
I won't go into the details of everything he got, but we'll hit some highlights:
He got a plethora of cars/trucks/trains - hotwheels, tonka trucks, a Thomas the tank engine train, etc.
The first thing he saw when he came downstairs Christmas morning was this huge pop-up tent that looks a bit like a school bus...and he ran straight to it. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Cole.
Reading with Daddy in the "Bus Tent"
He got a duplicate tonka truck, so with the after Christmas sale he got an awesome ride-on backhoe. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Snyder.
Here's a short video. Of course, Christian went for the camcorder as soon as he saw me recording.
His big present from Robert and me was a rocking horse. Thanks for putting it together, Robert. Of course he has to share with Hyrum - when Hyrum is big enough to ride it.
Can you see the joy on this kid's face?
Can you tell I got a camcorder for Christmas? I told you we got spoiled. I'm not even sure these will work since I've never put video on a blog. We got spoiled with a lot of other neat stuff, but it is way more than we're used to getting, and we totally don't deserve it, so I just won't tell you about it.
Everything is new to Hyrum, so it wasn't quite as big of a deal for him. Honestly, what does a newborn need for Christmas?
See, he's happy just to be here!
We hope you had a very Merry Christmas as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment