Christian's attempt at smiling for the camera.
He had a great time trick-or-treating, but that is kind of a big phrase for such a little guy. He would run up to someone's house and knock or ring the doorbell and say "Treat!" Which is awfully cute anyway. But if they asked what his trick was he would jump up and down: he was a Jumping Spider. Isn't that fantastic?
Apparently, he really enjoyed trick-or-treating and for the last few weeks he will still say "treat" and hope to get something. He gets enough treats from his grandparents that he certainly doesn't need any more sugar!
Oh, and like I mentioned in a previous post, Robert and his family get really into Halloween. So Robert and his brother (mostly his brother) set up a scary entrance to their front porch that all the trick-or-treaters had to go through to get to the door. They set up an extra door and put a table with a coffin on it, played scary music, had colored lights and monster masks, etc. Aaron hid under the table and would grab the trick-or-treaters' legs when they didn't expect it. Robert was dressed like a monster with a mask and gloves and he sat in the corner until the kids came up to the door. He would move and scare them or growl - he was pretty hoarse for a few days. They were a good team and got a lot of good screams out of the kids. There were even a whole bunch that I could hear say, "I'm not going up there." Sometimes as I was giving out candy there would be 6 or 7 kids on the porch, and I'd give 2 or 3 of them candy before the whole group took off.
The blurry stuff in the background is the haunted porch.
He was a bit too excited to stay still for pictures.
Unfortunately, I think the kid that got the most scared by it was Christian. I'd never seen him so scared before and I was a bit miffed at Robert. But Christian seems to be doing okay. He will still say, "Daddy, rahr" or "Aaron, rahr" because that is who roared at him and scared him. But we tried to make it seem funny, so hopefully he will not be scarred for life!
Well that is the cutest spider I have ever seen and I may have to "squish" him after all being so stinkin cute!! I love that they go all out and decorate like that. "Daddy Rahr", that is so cute. Joanna's kids went as the three little pigs and her husband was the big bad wolf and he was SUPER scary, the girls didn't like it when he wore his mask.
ReplyDelete